Rustic Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pie
Perfect for the cold mornings
- 1 packet store-bought puff pastr
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 rashers Enterprise Streaky Bacon
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten (egg-wash)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Roll out the thawed puff pastry and place down onto an oven-proof frying pan. Snip the edges that overlap to neaten but still keeping the rustic shape.
- Brush the pastry with the egg-wash and prick with a fork before baking in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the bacon and cheese onto the pastry and then break the eggs carefully into the gaps. Dot the cherry tomatoes around. Cover with foil and place back into the oven on 180°C for 40 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through to your liking. You can keep checking every few minutes if you are worried they might overcook.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped chives. Serve while still hot.