SHIREABILITY FILM FESTIVAL – NOW OPEN
Sutherland Food Services together with Wellness Champions are proud to sponsor this Sutherland Shire Council community initiative.The Sutherland Shire Council Access Committee formed a working group in 2019, which aims to showcase the many organisations, facilities and spaces we have in Sutherland Shire that continually embrace being inclusive and celebrate people living in our community with a disability.
Together with the Sutherland Shire Council’s Access Committee we invite you to enter the ShireABILITY Film Competition as part of the celebrations for International Day of People with Disability 2020 (IDPWD2020)
The inaugural ShireABILITY film festival in 2019 was a huge success, so ShireABILITY is back, bigger and better for its second year, which we are proud to get behind and show our support. The film festival is We chose a film festival is inclusive of all ages and abilities and an opportunity for entrants to have a voice, tell a story and share their creative talents.
Entries must focus on Ability and Inclusion. They must feature locations and/or people of Sutherland Shire area and involve at least one person with a disability. Entries are open from 1 August 2020 through to 5pm 30 October 2020.
Important things to note:
- Entry to 2020 Sutherland ShireABILITY Film Festival is free.
- Entry is open to all ages (entrants under 18 years of age must complete a permission form signed by their parent or guardian).
- Winning entries will be screened LIVE on Sutherland Shire Council’s Facebook page at 6.30pm on Friday, 27 November 2020.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for:
- The winning entry will receive $2000.
- Four other category prizes will be awarded at $500.
- One People’s choice award will receive $1000
How to Enter:
- Read the tips on how to make a quality film
- Make sure your entry complies with the Terms and Conditions.
- Make your film and ask your cast and crew to sign this Talent Consent and Release Form.
- Head to our partner website, Shopfront Arts Co-Op to enter by uploading your film (Click on the big button below)