Glenda, our lovely office volunteer, has a tasty treat for you today!
Peanut Butter Balls
1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
1 1/2 cups of Rice Bubbles
1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup of melted butter (90g)
300g of milk or dark chocolate (I like to use Nestle Plaistowe cooking chocolate)
- Combine icing sugar, Rice Bubbles, peanut butter and butter in a large bowl. If the mixture is too wet, add more Rice Bubbles, if its too dry add more peanut butter.
- Roll mixture into balls – I use a tablespoon to make it easier.
- Place balls on baking paper lines tray and put in the fridge or freezer to harden them up. This makes is easier to roll them in the warm chocolate.
- In a small saucepan boil some water, place a medium heat proof bowl over the boiling water and add the chocolate to the saucepan.
- Stir the chocolate until melted and warm. Take the chocolate off the heat.
- Carefully roll the peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place on a baking paper lined try.
- Put balls into the fridge to cool and harden.
It usually takes about 1 1/2 packets of Plaistowe chocolate to coat the balls. It depends on how generous you are 🙂